12 medium sized, ripe tomatoes
6 green peppers
2-3 onions, finely chopped
1 1/2 teacups olive oil
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon mint
3 tablespoons dill
1/2 kilo wild rice
- Wash tomatoes and peppers
- Using a sharp knife, cut a thin, round slice off the top, stem end of each one and keep aside to use them later as a lid-like cover.
- With a teaspoon remove the seeds from the peppers and scoop the tomato pulp out. Place the tomato pulp in a bowl and shred it finely.
- Arrange the hollowed out tomatoes and peppers in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle a little sugar in each tomato.
- In a pot, saute the onions in the oil on a medium fire.
- When slightly golden, add the wild rice, washed and strained. Add the parsley, mint, dill and the reserved shredded tomato pulp, salt, pepper and a little water and cook until the rice pops.
- Next, fill the tomatoes and peppers, with the prepared stuffing.
- Add the reserved round tops and cover with aluminuium paper and bake them in a medium oven for about 45 minutes.
Note – You might also pour the juice of 2 tomatoes mixed with 2 or 3tbsp of olive oil, over the stuffed vegetables. This way this dish will be more juicy.