- 1 cup shredded zucchini, all water and moisture have been squeezed out properly.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- Fancy sea salt for sprinkling on top.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper and then spread a little coconut oil in the pan.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded zucchini, making sure it is squeezed of all excess moisture with a paper towel. This is very important. Squeeze it and get all the water out.
- Next add in egg, tahini, maple syrup, coconut sugar and vanilla: stir until smooth. Gently stir in the cacao powder into the batter, mixing until well incorporated. Next add in coconut flour, baking soda, salt, and finally the melted coconut oil. Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if you wish.
- Pour into prepared pan . Bake 30-35 min. or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached. There should be a bit of gooeyness. Allow to cool completely before you cut it into squares.
- Once ready , sprinkle the chocolate sauce by placing it in the microwave for 30 sec. or drizzle a little peanut butter on top and a dash of the fancy salt.