What is health coaching?
With so many resources out there on how we can improve our health, it’s amazing our heads aren’t all spinning out of control! There is conflicting information on avoiding sugars, gluten intolerance and if one should follow a low-fat, vegan, raw, or paleo diet!
All this information can leave us all a bit overwhelmed on what steps we should take to better our health.
As a certified functional medicine Health coach, it entails working with clients on finding the root cause of their problems and solving it through diet and lifestyle changes. I collaborate with doctors because I do not diagnose or put them on or off medication. I work parallel with my clients, educating and explaining the interconnectedness of every part and system of the body. This information empowers them to try new things and make necessary changes to transition into a healthier lifestyle that brings joy and vitality back into their lives.
It is very important for clients to understand that although I am there to guide them throughout their health journey, they are the ones that are doing their own healing. Working hand in hand with my clients, we are able to achieve sustainable results that can completely transform their health.
Your personalized program will radically improve your health and happiness. Together, we will explore your concerns that are specific to your unique body and discover the tools that you need for a lifetime of balance.
As my client, we will
- Work to understand what is at the root cause of your problem and understand the interconnectedness of your bodily systems with one another.
- We may require to do further functional medicine testing to help us get to the root cause and recommend supplementation to bring us back to homeostasis.
- We will experiment with different foods to see what works and what causes inflammation in your unique body.
- Work to maintain and achieve your goals.
- Work to understand and reduce your cravings to establish proper blood sugar balance and introduce “Your plate “as a way to understand how to eat a balanced meal.
- Find ways to reduce your overall stress by implementing a few techniques and being educated on how stress plays a key role in affecting your entire endocrine system- HPATG axis.
- Understanding how to increase your energy levels and what it entails.
- Learning to feel good about yourself by discovering ways to prioritize yourself and your health first.