Brownies (Gluten and Dairy Free)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened DF (dairy-free) chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (38g) coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (128g) almond or cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (32g) Almond flour
- ⅓ cup (30g) Cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup DF chocolate chips
Note: To make a vegan option substitute egg with:
- 1.5 flax eggs, 1.5 tablespoons flax meal + 4 tablespoons water, whisk and let set for 10 minutes
- Substitute the chocolate for dairy-free or else use regular chocolate if you have no issues with dairy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C/Gas mark 4. Line an 8×8” baking pan with parchment and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Put the unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil in a large glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate and coconut oil are completely melted and smooth. Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar and nut butter. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add egg/flax egg and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add the almond flour, salt, Baking soda and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture and once it’s stirred in, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a few crumbs are attached when a toothpick is inserted into the center, but it’s not too wet.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving. Or else eat immediately from the oven hot with some vanilla ice cream of choice.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days, or in the fridge for up to a week.