Dairy Free Chocolate Coffee Cake
- 1 ½ cups sifted flour
- 1 ½ cups coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup sifted dark Cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 80 ml coconut oil
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 190 ml almond milk
- 190 ml water + 1 tsp instant coffee
- 150 ml almond milk
- 120 g dark dairy free chocolate
- 150 ml dairy free whipping cream
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients one by one together in a separate bowl.
- Line a cheesecake bowl or any baking dish with wax paper and apply some oil to the bottom and edges of the pan.
- Dust some cacao on the edges of the pan to stick to the edges.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet bowl and mix properly until well combined by hand.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 180 C until the stick inserted in the center comes out dry or crumbly – 40-45 min.
- Let the cake cool before adding the chocolate sauce.
- Heat milk in a pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped chocolate and allow to melt stirring all the time.
- Add the cream. Mix thoroughly and take off the heat.
- When the cake is cooled – add the chocolate sauce and enjoy.
- If the sauce hardens just pop in the microwave for a few seconds and it will melt again.