Green beans with crunchy onions and toasted almonds
- 3 pounds green beans. Stems trimmed.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 8 Tbsp olive oil.
- 2 large onions, sliced thin and fried till crispy in olive oil
- 2 Tbsp shopped fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Boil some salted water and place the green beans inside for 5 min. beans should remain crispy.
- Rinse them under cold water to stop them from cooking further.
- Fry the onions in olive oil until crispy and golden 15 to 20 min.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and mix. Remove from heat.
- Toast the almonds until golden
- Mix all together and season with extra salt and pepper.
- Drizzle a little white vinegar, 2 tbsp honey and some olive oil