Jerusalem Artichoke and Brown pilaf with Quinoa
- 1 cup left over brown rice
- ½ cup left over quinoa
- 1 cup sautéed spinach
- 3 artichoke’s, boiled in water and lemon
- Small handful of chopped coriander and mint for garnish
- 3 tbsp toasted sunflower seeds
- Salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 small garlic crushed and added to the dressing
- Use the water from the artichoke that contains the juice of 1 lemon and ¼ cup olive oil
Preparation for the sautéed spinach:
- Place spinach in a pot and cover so that it releases it’s water.
- Drain, set aside and chop slightly.
- Bring ¼ onion chopped finely and sautee in olive oil.
- Once the color becomes transparent add it to the spinach and sautee for another 3 min.
- Remove it from the heat.
Preparation for the artichoke:
- Bring frozen artichokes and boil them in water with 1 whole lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Once cooked through remove, chop into cubes and set aside.
Assembling the salad:
- Place the brown rice at the bottom of the plate.
- Add quinoa followed by spinach.
- Add the artichoke
- Add The sunflower seeds and the handful of coriander and mint.
- Dressing on the side.