Drink 1-4 cups daily, throughout the day. Each cup contains approximately 750mg of potassium, and the average person needs 4700mg of potassium daily.
Using organic ingredients will increase the potassium content to around 1100mg/cup.
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 celery stalks
- bunch parsley, coriander, dandelion, or other greens
- medium parsnip
- medium carrots
- 1 oz. kelp/kombu
- 12 cups water
- 4.5-inch ginger root
- Italian seasonings blend (optional)
- 1 full garlic clove (not chopped)
- ½ cup cabbage
- 1 cup shitake mushrooms fresh or dried
- salt (to taste at the end)
- Measure water and pour it into a large pot, bring to a boil
- Once the water has boiled, add all veggies to the pot
- Bring broth to a boil and then simmer for 1 hour
- Cool and strain out veggies
- Add salt to taste
- Ladle into canning jars (fill to the neck) and store the potassium broth in the fridge
Warm it up before serving and enjoy it as a drink throughout the day.