Roasted Tomato Soup
- 12 medium tomatoes
- 2 small garlic crushed
- 1 large onion- chopped into 4
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or as desired
- 3 sprigs of thyme or ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional) kills the acidity if too acidic.
- ½ bunch basil+ more for garnish
- 4 ½ cups chicken / vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Sundried tomato for garnish
- Preheat oven 450 F or 200 C
- Arrange the tomatoes , garlic, onion, olive oil, sugar, thyme and basil leaves on a try and bake in the oven until everything looks cooked and when touched with a wooden spoon it falls apart. 30 min.
- Let it cool then place in a blender with the stock until smooth.
- Place back on the fire and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Give it a boil then serve garnished with chopped sundried tomato and basil leaves.