Salmon Quinoa Fish Cakes
- 185 g ready cooled quinoa
- 300 g left over salmon or any white fish
- ½ tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 greens onions chopped
- 2 small chilli – depends how spicy you like it
- 2 free range eggs
- Olive oil
- 1 bag arugula or leafy greens
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 kalamata olives
- Prepare the quinoa. Keep in mind dry quinoa doubles in size when cooked. Rinse the quinoa in a sieve, place in a pan of water and bring to boil, then turn the fire down and allow to simmer for 15 min. remove from heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl. Add the fish of choice, quinoa, lemon zest, salt, pepper, dill, parsley, chili, and eggs. Mix all together.
- Pan Fry a small amount to make sure the salt and spice are as you like it.
- Place olive oil in the pan and pan fry the fish cakes until golden on one side then flip over.
- As they are getting ready, mix the salad in a bowl and serve with the fish cakes.