The Best Chocolate Cake Ever Paleo, GF, DF
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider
- 3 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup high quality
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
To make the frosting:
Prepare 1 day ahead
- Add the coconut cream, chocolate chips and pinch of salt to a small pot and place over low heat (Bain Marie).
- Whisk until melted.
- Transfer to a bowl & cover with plastic wrap in the fridge to harden for 6 hours or until hard.
- NOTE: let stand for half an hour after you take it out of the fridge. If u used the canned vs carton, and it is not smooth you may need to blend it in a mixer until creamy. Use immediately.
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut cream- I tried with a boxed coconut cream and it was perfect.
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of the 2x 9-inch trays with coconut oil and parchment paper. It will stick if you do not do this.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Add the almond milk and beat once more until mixture is completely well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda and salt together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Mixture will be on the thicker side.
- Divide the batter in half and place in the cake trays. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Make sure not to overcook it. Each oven is different so I cooked mine for 25 min. Insert a stick into the cake and if it comes out clean with a few crumbs then it is ready.
- Let it cool in the pan for 15 min and then transfer to a cake tray and flip it over to allow it to cool completely. The cake should be at room temperature when you frost it.
- Layer the cake, using about 1/3 of the frosting between each cake layer. Then frost the top and the sides.
- Cake can be stored at room temperature. If not all consumed within a few days, then it should go into the fridge.